An electronic document is any document created using computer technology and stored on media processed using computer technology, be it a letter, contract, or financial document, diagram, drawing, drawing, or photograph.
What Should You Know About Using the Electronic Signature?
From the very beginning, it should be noted that not everyone needs the visualization of an electronic signature. For those who are already accustomed to and do not cause any problems working in electronic systems that allow verification of electronic signatures, such visualization may not be needed. On the other hand, in our country, there is now a mixed document flow, and when an electronic document falls into the hands of those who are used to working on paper, the lack of familiar information about the signature creates certain problems.
In some cases, the electronic signature is a necessity: submission of reports to state regulatory authorities for most categories of taxpayers is possible only in electronic form; to participate in electronic auctions, an electronic signature is also required. In other cases, an electronic signature is not necessary, but it significantly simplifies the workflow and the process of obtaining many other services.
An unqualified signature is more reliable than a simple one, however, like a simple one, it is equated to a handwritten one only if it is provided for by a regulatory legal act or agreement. Any certification authority has the right to issue it. A simple electronic signature cannot be used when signing electronic documents. But the reinforced one is just possible and necessary. It is of two types: unskilled and skilled. The first is mainly used for participation in tenders and government procurement, electronic document management within the company. The second is the most perfect type of electronic signature.
What Are 5 the Most Important Reasons for Using Electronic Signature?
- If a paper document can be signed with a simple stroke of a pen, then in the digital world, including the Internet, everything is much more complicated. In order to ensure the possibility of signing electronic documents, special technologies have been developed, named by analogy with an electronic signature.
- The specificity of the electronic signature, its difference from the handwritten one, necessitated the development and adoption of special legislation regulating the use of the latest software tools for identifying electronic documents in civil circulation.
- An electronic signature will help to verify the integrity of an e-mail and ensure the reliability of the sender. Will unambiguously identify the author of the article published on the Internet and indicate the date of publication.
- Allows you to write your own opinion about the read document in Microsoft Word and attach it as a “sticker” to the file without “spoiling” the file itself with your notes, while reliably tying such a “sticker” to the current content of the document (when changing the text of the document “sticker” will immediately detect that the document has changed). It will leave a “business card” about the actions performed in the electronic world, confirm the authority, etc.
- In general, the concept itself is interpreted as a signature obtained as a result of a cryptographic transformation of a set of electronic data. The implementation takes place not using graphic images, but mathematical transformations over the content of the document. The so-called mathematics guarantees security since it is impossible to forge an electronic digital signature.